Do you know how yummy are Nando’s Macho Peas are? This homemade version is healthier, faster to get, and as tasty as the real thing!
Yields: 4 portion
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 5 mins Total: 10 mins
What is Nando’s Macho peas?
This is a side that goes well with almost everything. That’s why everytime I got a takeaway from Nando this Nando’s Macho Peas never missed from my order. However, since I don’t have any Nando’s on my beautiful island I have come up with this recipe so that I won’t miss the real one. Does it make sense?
Even if I lived 10 minutes away from the restaurant, I still won’t get a take away everytime I feel like nibbling the peri peri chicken, the chips or the peas! 10 minutes is all what it takes to prepare this AMAZING and easy dish.
Why should you try this recipe?
Positives of Home Macho Peas
✔️ Easy, veryeasy
✔️ Can be put in the fridge and reheated
✔️ The recipe can be doubled
✔️ Adaptable if you miss the fresh ingredients
✔️ It’s vegan friendly, you can substitute with vegan butter (or olive oil)
✔️ Clean eating
✔️ Cheaper than take-away
❌ You need fresh mint, parsley and chili
❌ I hate to use butter
- Unsalted butter
- Chilli or chilli flakes
- Parsley (fresh)
- Mint Leaves (Fresh)
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Nandos Macho Peas at Home?
It looks like lots of steps but it’s really simple:
- Cook the peas + salt in water
- Chop fresh spices
- Drain the peas
- Add the butter to half of them and mash in a mixing bowl
- Add the whole peas to the other half mased peas
- Add the fresh spices and mix together
How to serve Nando’s Style Peas?
I love them alongside more yummy Nando’s stuff but also along with other dishes:
- Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken
- Red Salmon Curry with Goji Berries
- Healthy Satay Chicken on Skewers (Peanut Sauce)
- Maple Dijon Glazed Air Fryer Salmon and Potatoes (35 mins)
- TGI Ribs in Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce
? More easy side dishes!
- Caprese Cherry Tomato Salad
- Nando’s Spicy Rice
- Easy Peri Peri Sauce (Nando’s Homemade Recipe)
- Crunchiest Airfryer Roast Potatoes with Olive Oil in 20 minutes
Homemade Nando’s Style Peas
- 200 grams of frozen peas
- 2 Knobs of butter approx 15 grams each
- 8 Mint leaves
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Cook the peas according the packet instructions, adding a little salt to the water.
- While the peas are cooking, finely chop the parsley & mint leaves (and fresh chilli if using)
- When the peas are cooked, drain in a colander.
- Add half of the peas in a mixing bowl, add the butter and mash until crushed but not mushy.
- Add all the other igredients with the remaining peas and mix together.
- Serve immediately.