We all have heard of the antioxidant effect of all berries and blueberries are very good for the eyes. But for example, do you know that a cup of berries every day for 30 days is said that your proliferation of totipotent stem cells goes up by 6 times? Basically, this kind of stem cells is the ones that may heal your body and any inflammations by drinking a simple berry smoothie with chia seeds. If you would like to learn a little bit more about stem cells and know more about them listen to Ben Greenfield podcast with the researcher and author Darin Olien.
Yields: 1 portion
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 0 mins Total: 5 mins
Interested in Anti-Inflammatory Recipes?
If you are interested in other anti-inflammatory recipes have a look at my new discovery – Turmeric Latte. Have been trying different things due to my post-surgery frozen shoulder. Whoever suffers from chronic pain cannot live without trying to calm it down and take control of it.
- 50 g Soya/Almond/Coconut Milk
- 0.5 cup Frozen/Fresh Strawberries, halfed
- 2 g Fresh Blueberries for garnish
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 0.5 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Maple syrup for sweetening
- 1 tsp Dried Coconut flour to garnish
- Blend the yogurt, milk and berries together
- Add the coconut oil, chia seeds and optionally some honey
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Serve with a few blueberries on top. Optionally you can also garnish with some dried coconut flour on top.
- Enjoy the Berry Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Cuisine: American, British
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 46
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: anti inflammatory, Healing, smoothie