Red potatoes are small potatoes with red skin and firm white flesh. They cook quickly and are very tasty, moreover, they lend themselves to being used in different preparations, they can be used as a side dish and cooked in many different ways. Try the cold red potato salad with green onions, eggs, and mayo dressing. A tasty and nutritious dish for every occasion.
Yields: 12 portions
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total: 30 mins
You might like more…
- Mary Berry Potato Salad with Salmon and Prawns
- Russian Potato Salad Olivier Recipe
- Tricolore Salad
- Caprese Cherry Tomato Salad
- Maple Dijon Glazed Air Fryer Salmon and Potatoes
- Crunchiest Airfryer Roast Potatoes
Red Skin Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, with skins and washed
- 6 eggs, boiled & diced
- 6 bacon strips, baked & crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped (or use green onions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
How to cook Potatoes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Add potatoes & cook about 20 minutes until tender but firm.
- Drain & put in refrigerator to cool.
- Once cool, chop with the skin on.
How to cook the eggs
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan and cook for around 8 minutes.
- Put the eggs in cold water to cool off.
- Peel and dice them in small bite pieces
How to cook the bacon
- Preheat the oven and place on a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bacon is browned.
- Remove excess fat with a paper towel.
- Chop or crumble
Prepare the dressing
- Start preparing the dressing while cooking eggs, potatoes and the bacon.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar.
Assemble the red skin potato salad
- Place the potatoes, eggs and bacon in a large bowl.
- Chop the green onion and combine in the large bowl.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing making sure to combine it evenly
- Chop the fresh parsley and sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Calories: 332.38 calories
- Sugar: 1.51 grams
- Sodium: 428.26 milligrams
- Fat: 28.33 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 18.64 grams
- Trans Fat: 0.01 grams
- Carbohydrates: 13.29 grams
- Fiber: 1.5 grams
- Protein: 7.12 grams
- Cholesterol: 88.84 milligrams
Keywords: red skin potatoes, eggs, green onion, bacon strips, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, parsley