Coupled up with veggie sticks no dip compares to the classic humous. It’s one of the exquisite and healthiest savory snacks loved by everyone. If you’re in a hurry you can always find this at your nearest store but it can never compare to the goodness of homemade humous.
Yields: 2 portions
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 0 mins Total: 10 mins
Why try Humous?
Have you ever thought about how many flavors and nutrients a classic humous dip has? The taste of garbanzo beans together with the sesame, lemon juice, and garlic make it nutty, a bit tangy, and earthy. And to top this up we pour in olive oil!
This humous with Veggie Sticks recipe is one of my favorite mid-morning snacks. It is also loved by kids thanks to its creamy texture and kids like dipping the veggie sticks.
This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Additionally, it can be integrated as part of a weight-loss or maintenance program, of course.
Humous Step by Step
- Blend the crushed garlic, chickpeas, cumin, lemon juice, and tahini well until you have a smooth paste.
- Serve with 2 tsp of olive oil poured on top and a dash of sweet paprika.
Accompaniments and Sides
I find that this tastes wonderful with toasted bread. However, it is as tasty and healthy as veggie sticks. Once I also mixed it with pasta together with some olive oil and I loved it!
You might like more…
Subway Sweet Onion Sauce Recipe
Homemade Classic Humous with Veggie Sticks
- 1 Garlic, clove
- 280 g Chickpeas, drained (400g can)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 0.5 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- Blend the crushed garlic, the chickpeas, cumin, lemon juice, and tahini well until you have a smooth paste.
- Top with the olive oil and a dash of sweet paprika.
- Serve it with veggie sticks.