Prep Time: 40 mins Chill Time: 4 hours Cook Time: 6 mins Total: 4 hrs 46 mins Yields: 10
This delectable limoncello cheesecake serves as a delightful dessert for any time of the year, yet it truly shines as a summer sensation. Why, you might ask? While it might be heartier than an Affogato al Caffe after a lavish lunch, it’s simultaneously lighter than the iconic New York cheesecake. The lemoncello cheesecake perfectly suits gently sunny April afternoons or the sweltering days of summer, boasting a crunchy biscuit base and a velvety cream cheese infused with lemon essence. Adding a touch of “glam,” the vibrant yellow top layer, enhanced with a pinch of turmeric, steals the spotlight – all eyes on the cheesecake! And with a balanced sweetness, this dessert is sure to captivate even the most discerning taste buds
You might like more…
MORE LIQUOR DESSERTS:
MORE CREAM CHEESE DESSERTS:
- Mary Berry Blackberry Cheesecake with Ricotta
- Mary Berry Banana Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mascarpone Frosting Carrot Cake (Ina Garten)
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 100g Butter
For the filling
- 500g cow’s milk ricotta
- 250 g spreadable cheese
- 100g lemon juice
- 150g icing sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 100g fresh cream (liquid)
- 10g sheet gelatine
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup limoncello (or 1/4 cup lemon juice + 1/4 cup water)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 80g sugar
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 lemon
- Mint to taste
For the cheesecake base
- Line a 20 cm springform pan with parchment paper at the bottom.
- Pour the biscuits into a blender and blend until they transform into crumbs.
- Transfer these crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter
- Mix everything with a spoon until a consistent mixture forms.
- Take the biscuit mixture and gently press on the pan to create the cheesecake base.
- Chill the base for 30 minutes until it solidifies.
For the cream cheese filling
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for approximately 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemons and strain the juice.
- Whisk the ricotta and cream cheese together in a bowl.
- Add the grated lemon zest, continue blending, and introduce the icing sugar and lemon juice, maintaining the mixing process.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan, turning off the heat just before boiling.
- Squeeze the gelatin and, with the heat off, incorporate it into the hot cream.
- Stir briskly until everything is dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to cool before gradually pouring it into the cheese blend, continuously stirring for thorough integration.
- Pour this cheesecake filling mix onto the cheesecake base, using a spatula to level the surface.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours to set.
For the glaze
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan, along with strained limoncello and cornstarch.
- Stir with a whisk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Turn off the heat once it reaches a boil and add turmeric to dissolve.
- Let the glaze cool, and then pour it over the cheesecake, returning it to the refrigerator for an additional 2 hours to firm up.
- For decoration, thinly slice the lemon.
- Remove the cake from the pan and adorn it with lemon slices and mint leaves.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Italian