Buckwheat tortillas are a very healthy snack that is also naturally gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan. They’re easy to make and taste really good especially if you’re a fan of buckwheat pasta and soba noodles. These wraps can be used as a burrito, as simple flatbread or simply to replace bread in meals.
Yields: 4-6 portions
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total: 30m
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (to grease the pan)
- pinch of spice (paprika/cumin/turmeric)
How to make Buckwheat Tortillas?
- Combine in a bowl the flour, salt, and spices.
- Add the oil and water mixing with a whisk gradually until you get a liquidy dough or batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan, greasing it lightly with vegetable oil.
- Pour the batter and cook for 2-3 minutes with the lid on until the edges start lifting.
- Turn the tortilla with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Use any topping of your choice.